Know "Why" You're Selling Your Spring Hill TN home
If you know exactly why you're selling your Spring Hill TN home, then it's easier for you to set the right plan of action to get what it is that you want - a smooth and successful transaction. If you are a seller who needs to sell and close as quickly as possible, then you should know that getting the highest price possible for your Spriing Hill TN real estate property shouldn't be one of your top priorities.
That being said, it does not mean that you won’t or cannot get the highest price for your home - price just can't be the deciding factor. A buyer who can give you a quick closing time will appeal more to you than a buyer who can offer you more money but the negotiation and closing time drag out. You might also want to read "Selling Your Nashville Area Home? What Closing Costs to Expect."
Know Your Bottom Line
It’s always good to know how low you are willing go when it comes to the selling price. This will help eliminate some of the offers that you find ridiculous. Even though you should consider all offers and take into consideration the terms of each offer - if you know your bottom line price and are firm about it, you can save yourself a lot of time.
Once you know what your limits and reasons are, discuss them with your Spring Hill TN real estate agent so they can help you set your goals realistically. If you decide to list your home on your own, make sure you do research on the current market, and you get the proper advice you need in terms of legal issues, etc. You might also want to read "Is It a Good Idea to Sell Your Nashville Area Home on Your Own (FSBO)?"
Have A Plan of Action for Selling Your Spring Hill TN Home
- Make sure you prepare your home for prospective buyers. You want to maximize your home's strengths and fix up and repair what is needed. The goal is for potential buyers to walk away from your home with a lasting "good impression." You might also want to read "10 Ways to Amp Up Your Greater Nashville Home's Curb Appeal."
- Find a qualifed Spring Hill TN real estate agent that understands your needs – Make sure that your agent is loyal to you, and can negotiate to help you achieve your goals. In addition, they should be assertive and honest with both you and the buyer. You might also want to read "Findning The Right Real Estate Agent to Sell Your Home."
- Be prepared for negotiation. Learn and understand your buyer’s situation and 'their motives' - can you demand a bigger deposit from them without losing the deal? Try to lock in the buyer so that the deal goes through.
- When selling your Spring Hill TN home, negotiate for the best price and the best terms. Learn "the art of the counter offer" to get more from every offer.
- Make sure the contract is complete. You want to be honest with your disclosures. What you don't want is to lose the deal because you were diminishing your home’s defects. Also, to protect both you and your buyer, have a professional home inspection done.
The key here is to be realistic and know exactly what your goals are so they can be met. Basically, if you are clear on your motives for selling your Spring Hill TN home, you'll be in a much better postion to negotiate and get what you want - whether it be a quick closing, higher price, or somewhere inbetween!
We focus our seller-client real estate services in the following Greater Nashville communities:
- Nashville TN Real Estate & Lifestyle
- Williamson County TN Real Estate & Lifestyle
We invite you to give us a call or send us an email today! Our team of experienced Greater Nashville real estate professionals is 100% committed to providing exceptional, personalized service - and will work relentlessly to ensure selling your Spring Hill TN home is a positive and rewarding experience.
We look forward to helping you acheive your Middle Tennessee real estate goals!
RE/MAX Fine Homes
1624 Westgate Circle Suite 125
Brentwood, Tn 37027
Cell: (Direct) 615.438.4941
Map of Spring Hill, TN